Thursday, January 13, 2022

Which would you prefer to drink? Underwear, a fork, or tea?

ANSWER: I would prefer tea.
I am curious to know which language is harder to learn: Chinese or Korean?
These days I am studying modern Chinese grammar to try to teach myself to read modern Chinese, using Korean pronunciations. I am not really interested in learning Chinese pronunciations since that would take too much time. What I have found, so far, is that compared to Korean grammar, Chinese grammar is pretty easy. The hard part of the Chinese language seems to be learning all the characters and their different pronunciations.
So, why do I want to learn to read Chinese using Korean pronunciations? Because it seems to be easier to learn Chinese characters by reading them in sentences than by learning them in individual words, and the reason I want to learn Chinese characters is that they help me with my Korean vocabulary. I wish I were young enough and smart enough to learn both Chinese and Korean, but I am neither.

No comments:

Post a Comment