Sunday, March 10, 2019

The History of Ulleungdo

Back in 2006, I wrote twenty-five posts (I called them "chapters") concerning the Dokdo-Takeshima (Liancourt Rocks) island dispute between Korea and Japan. I titled them "The History of Ulleungdo" since all the Korean sources were talking about Ulleungdo, not about Liancourt Rocks. I was not only interested in teaching myself the history of the dispute but also in teaching myself literary Chinese, of which I knew very little at the time. Anyway, for some reason, I have decided to post links to the old posts below in the order they were written.

I have written much more about the Dokdo-Takeshima dispute on other Web sites, including THIS ONE, but the posts below represent the beginning of my quest to understand the history of the dispute, which may or may not interest people. I have learned a lot more since writing the posts, mainly with the help of other more knowledgeable people.

"The History of Ulleungdo"

No comments:

Post a Comment