Sunday, October 07, 2018

Have Koreans become much better teachers?

ANSWER: Yes

These days I am amazed by many of the Korean instructional videos I see on YouTube, especially videos of younger Koreans teaching the Korean language. Their teaching style seems much more pleasant and professional than the style I remember from when I was receiving instruction in Korean in the early 1980s. I had some good teachers back then, but they did not have the same level of skill, poise, and understanding that Korean language instructors seem to have today. Of course, it was thirty-five years ago that I studied, so one would expect to see advancements in the field of Korean language teaching, but many of the young Korean instructors I have seen in videos on YouTube recently have turned teaching into a beautiful art form that is fascinating to watch.

Consider the young lady in the video below. She gives a beautiful presentation and does some very creative things with her hands. And the voice and language she uses are great examples of how beautiful the Korean language can be. I may add to this post later.

.



No comments:

Post a Comment